Since Josh was on board to keep working on the bathroom I started by calling in a steam cleaner to try and clean our dirty grout. I figured that was the best way to start. They come out and were super friendly, they explained that our grout was bad and had probably not been sealed or at least so poorly maintained that there wasn't much they could do. I told them to give it a shot since they came. They did. The two guys worked for about 1.5 hour. Honestly, not a huge difference was made. They did seal the grout in the hope it would not get any worse. I think our solution is going to have to be a regrout- or maybe, if we stay in the house long term, to replace the tile. But for now I will have to be satisfied with my not so nice grout. The one thing I could change was the silicone along the floor line. The old material was covered in mildew and it did not clean up with any cleaning agent I had found.
While I siliconed (yes I am making that verb) we decided to start painting the walls. Going off our last bedroom repaint oops I went with my gut and only bought one sample of paint. Benjamin Moore Stonington Gray. It is beautiful and the sample went up and matched the upper tiles in the bathroom perfectly. Without a second of waiting I went to Miller Paint and color matched a gallon in semi-gloss. I then set about frog taping all the edges. This was serious! I have never taped/cut in so much in my life. We had one door, one window, a tile shower, a sink cabinet, baseboards, lighting fixtures and a toilet. Thank God we decided to paint the ceiling the same color or else I may have gone a little batty.